Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help me on this circuit?!! Cant be too hard!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adzyp

**broken link removed**

here is a electronic dice circuit from crocodile clips but the power is from rails and not a 9v battery.

i have tries numerous ways to try and get it to work with a 9v battery even adding extra components, but either some of teh components blow or the LED's dont light up bright enough if at all!!

can somebody please help me?!!!!

thanks

you have to copy and paste it into your browser!

but heres the picture to save you the bother:-

Attachments

• ElectronicDiceCircuit.jpg
    ElectronicDiceCircuit.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 845
Use CD4XXX series logic. It will run off 9 volts, but it won't drive LEDs very well, so you will probably need an emitter follower between each logic gate and the resistor for its LED. If you want to run the LEDs at 10ma, change the resistors to 620 ohms. You also will need a 100k resistor to GND on the EN input of your counter.

The Real MicroMan said:
use a 5v regulator (lm7805). Put 9v in and you'll get 5v out ie. logic 1 and ground of course will be 0
And waste 40% of your battery power...

ok......

i dont get any of that!! i aint that good!!

i was wondering if anybody could draw the extra bits that i need to make it work onto that picture?

adzyp,

Ok first to answer your question the reason your leds are not lighting up is because CMOS non-inverted outputs (the gates without the little circles on the ends) do not have the current output. Only ever use a CMOS non-inverted outputs to drive the input of another gate or transistor.

comment on design:
You do not need the logic gates at all, one chip is enough to do this project. A binary ripple counter can give you outputs to drive LEDs and has an inbuilt clock. This would mean if you roll a 3 then 3 LEDS will light up if you just want one LED at a time look to a decade counter.

adzyp said:
**broken link removed**

here is a electronic dice circuit from crocodile clips but the power is from rails and not a 9v battery.

i have tries numerous ways to try and get it to work with a 9v battery even adding extra components, but either some of teh components blow or the LED's dont light up bright enough if at all!!

can somebody please help me?!!!!

thanks

Please follow the others suggestions above but also consider that one of your problems might be incorrect connections of the components. You might have some short circuits somewhere. Check your construction carefully.

hang on!! i havent made the circuit it is from crocodile clips program!! i just need helpin converting it to what i want?!!

cant anyone draw i with the components on or whatever please?

In crocodile clipc it dosent show power terminals on logic chips!

Dont you just get a resistor enside?(i know it isnt stable)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back