Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIR sensors to turn OFF light - assistance required

Status
Not open for further replies.

u2fan003

Hello all,
I require some help in electronics for an art installation for my Masters degree.

What I require is a to have a PIR sensor connected to a light bulb that is turned ON, and when motion is detected, the lamp turns OFF. When motion is not detected the lamp turns ON again.

I have PIR sensors (HC-SR501). I had seen this video
but it is only to turn the light ON.

Any help would be appreciated as I am new to electronics.

Thanks!

Use the PIR sensor to trip a relay module (see picture), and wire the lamp through the relays NC (normally closed) contacts.

Screenshot_20210311-110740_Edge.jpg

The PIR output signal will connect to the relay module input pin, plus power and ground.

If the light operates opposite of what you need, switch from the NC contact to the NO (normally open) contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back