Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pink Atom Module

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you probably looking at with the socket & wires was just a test setup to see if it would work.

I can build as one of the images shows because I have found all resistances etc. 2SD1071 puts me on the ignition plate for it's the one that gives the signal I guess I do not need any part behind the flywheel but just the ground one and the other to the cord on ignitoncoil? Har du samma värde som ATOM rosa modul tror du på din applikation? Går det ersätta 2SD1071 med någon annan liknande tror du? Tack för att du svarar för detta är intressant!

This is my test circuit & the actual values that I used. This is also what i test Ign modules on. It seems to work quite well. Another transistor that does work in these circuits is ST901T. Not all ignition transistors work. Interesting to see how you go using a printed circuit board & SMD components. ( I used to repair electronics TV & VCRs from 1975 to 2010) View attachment 118134View attachment 118135View attachment 118136View attachment 118137View attachment 118138
Its R2 4.3K or 3.9K? Its been diffrent on the pictures. Can i use both of them? I have get 4.3K 1W! The BC337, its the flat side up?

If you can get 4.3K then use it as i only had 3.9K. for test purpose. Yes flat side up for the BC337.

Good evening! I wonder if I can use 2SD1071 as the bracket for the whole module or must it be isolated? Which one of the red or black connections is connected to the ignition coil on VeloSolex if anyone has tried? Right now I am waiting for 2SD1071 which I did not find in SWE but have bought a new soldering iron in the right dimension anyway!

I wonder a little if you can do the same modification and put a module on other 2-stroke mopeds? The VeloSolex has 4 magnets that (enough) control the ignition pulses I guess for you have no trigger etc when we use the Pink Module if I get it right? Would you be able to have another module on a flywheel with eg 3/6 magnets? The VeloSolex has 4 magnets and lights it 2 times / turns or does the pink module see that it gets right simply? How would a wiring diagram of such a module look and what is needed for electronic parts?

I would isolate the 2SD1071 transistor from the heat sink. If you dont get a good spark with one polarity then reverse the conections.

Its dont work.... I have build like the picture of debe and change the conectors but no life! The ignitioncoil work before i start all and i drive whit ut. How can i test the coil?

Did you electrically insulate the transistor? Debe does use a Silpad and insulating washer.

Post a picture of your build.

When I measure Ignitiocoil I get between the ignition cable and ground 4.100 and guess it should be 4100 Ohm? When I look at other moped pages here at home it should be about 6000 Ohm. Between the condensate cord and ground 1.0 Ohm. I have test change connectors, isolated, attached it to the stator plate without getting any spark!

**broken link removed**

Something doesnt look quite right with your build in the picture, with the placement of the base conection on the top transistor.
T2.JPG
T3.JPG
T4.JPG

It looked a little different! I did as in the picture which was wrong for where do you get 4 "connections" and on the new 3. I take out red cable at the far right on leg 3 and ground on leg 2 on SD1071 if I do not see / made a mistake?

This time it works 2 seconds, shoud i give up? I conected like debe last Photo and take red wire at the 3 leg, ground in the 2 leg.

I have all designations and markings against me as I solder, even the flattening of 337. What can I do wrong?

Now saw that it was the same on both pictures! have a little difficult to follow / read the wiring diagram, there is nothing that is a little more "clearer" so one that I possibly understand? Does not give up than really because got a little spark anyway!

Last edited:
Back in post 12 there is a series of pictures on assembly, cant make it any clearer.

I have built 3 like you do and any of them keep work, i must do some wrong, any conection att wrong point. I have "operate" one and see how its look inside to, but that did not help me! The transistor 2SD1071 its what i have buy and BC337 the same and the other parts is from ELFA so i hope they are right. Of course have i isolate etc before testing!

Check weather there is a short circuit betwean the 2SD1071 transistor Collector & Emitter . If there is then you will need to ad a 200V MOSORB 15KE200A across the 2SD1071 transistor.
ATOM BASIC CIRCUIT.2.jpg

Don't get a spark in any way despite 3 different attempts and 2 of them have a friend of mine made and he has 40 years of experience so that would be the mistake I don't think. has a Fuijitsu 2SD1071, can it be poor quality? But not in 4? Get to try and get hold of a MOSORB and solder there as Debe recommends! Got my Pink ATOM today and get sparkle but unfortunately 90 degrees too soon ... Would love to see if I got life in what you so mercifully served us novices! But has anyone got it working on a VeloSolex as described?

The 2SD1071 may be faulty, depends on where you purchased it from. They look genuine but i got one batch from China that were obviously factory rejects that did not work properly. When tested on a component tester i found they had poor gain. Yet others from China were good its a bit of a lottery from China. If you got 90 deg too soon then theres something not right. Does the flywheel have a keyway to locate it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back