Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pickit 3 tips and ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burt,

You do need to calibrate those adapters the first time you use them. Connect a DVM to the output and the power supply to the input.

1. Hold down the left button and apply power. The display will flash on and off.

2. Using the up/down buttons adjust the voltage to read as close as possible to 5 volts. The steps are about 40mV, so get as close as possible.

3. Disconnect power. This saves the calibration.

After doing this, the voltage readout will be fairly accurate.

I just hooked it up it was off a little not bad 3.22 is 3.33 ill set it thanks jon I didn't see anything about how to set it it just came in a bag. It works good. I'm using a 12 volt 2 amp wall wart 10.8 max voltage.

I came across this instructions in a thread for one of those units on Banggood. They don't include it anywhere that's easy to find!

Win10 like win 8.1 wont let major changes or much else be done by the little man. You got to be boss for most things, I normally go into preferences on the program shorts etc and set them to run as administrator. I think MS tried to make 8.1 and win10 more like old NT4 systems, dosnt work the same but the principle is the same. In a way its very much like a poor mans network administrator, except with the newer OS from MS companies can employ less intelligent people to run the networks.

Also seems to like to make it hard to stop people being discrete, MS seems to want to know alot about what your doing with YOUR machine. But then again you dont own the operating system anymore, you pay to use it, and use it on their terms.

Don't think it's windows 10 that's the problem I think it's MPLAB not setting up right I installed giving normal people the right to use files.
Mplab even looked to be loading them just keep saying the chip didn't program funny thing is it did program once.
But becoming super admin problem gone.
MPLAB hasn't taking the time to setup files right this probably do to how windows 10 is setup but the installer should no these things.

Last edited:
Don't think it's windows 10 that's the problem I think it's MPLAB not setting up right I installed giving normal people the right to use files.
Mplab even looked to be loading them just keep saying the chip didn't program funny thing is it did program once.
But becoming super admin problem gone.
MPLAB hasn't taking the time to setup files right this probably do to how windows 10 is setup but the installer should no these things.
MC has a pdf I think I put in another post, in it they explain that windows loads the wrong drivers, it also explains how to solve it. But the PDF was actually written for win 7 64 bit systems.......... So I dont know.

I always use Admin privilege in the settings, saves some really weird stuff going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back