Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F27Q43 Programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - K8LH

Anyone know of a way to program the recent 18F27Q43 device with a PICKIT 3? It seems to require a PICKIT 4 which is a bit beyond my budget at the moment.

Does anyone have a working LVP solution for this chip, perhaps using an inexpensive Arduino?

TIA... Cheerful regards, Mike

Looking at the programming specification, Vpp has a max value of 9V. I suspect this is the reason the PK2 hardware can't program it - I'm assuming PK2 has Vpp set to ~12V. An arduino solution should be possible - even HV programming.

Mike.

Looking at the programming specification, Vpp has a max value of 9V. I suspect this is the reason the PK2 hardware can't program it - I'm assuming PK2 has Vpp set to ~12V. An arduino solution should be possible - even HV programming.

Well he mentioned the PK3, not the PK2, and the PK3 certainly has a wide range of possible programming voltages, set by the software, as does the PK2 (as far as I recall?).

It's more probable that the PK3 doesn't have the required programming file for download, as they don't update it for new devices any more, and potentially it might not have the space to do so?.

Plan A PK4 <> 45 GBP
Plan B .. a PIC18F57Q43 Curiousity Nano Evaluation Kit* and modify .. ( don't know why not ? ) it used to work with PIC24 microstick that had a built in programmer
* This kit is 12 GBP so 20 ish shipped

I bought a Snap board during a promotion awhile back. It looks like that will program an 18F27Q43 (in LVP mode only) so I might be ok for now.

Gosh, it doesn't seem like that long ago when I finally saved enough to buy a PICKIT 3. Bummer...

As i am quite a PIC 'fanboy' I have a now got a PIC18F57Q43 Curiousity Nano Evaluation Kit it seems to have a Atmel programmer integrated (ATSAMD21E18A ) have yet to see if MPLABX recognizes it...

As i am quite a PIC 'fanboy' I have a now got a PIC18F57Q43 Curiousity Nano Evaluation Kit it seems to have a Atmel programmer integrated (ATSAMD21E18A ) have yet to see if MPLABX recognizes it...

A lot of the Nano's use a far more powerful Atmel or ARM processor simply to program the PIC :D Where some use a far more powerful PIC processor to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back