Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC data logger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Nigel,
Sorry, I searched for threads using similar radio modules to mine, and probably clicked on yours by mistake. The one I use is a radio module DRA818 and not a Wifi module. Anyway, I have answered my question, by tests earlier today.
Cheers, Camerart.

The ones I'm using aren't WiFi either, they are specific data modules (using the 433MHz range) - the DR818 appears to be for making your own 'walkie talkie' type radio, not for data purposes.

Assuming you're wanting simple data transfer, the modules I'm using are absolutely trivial to use - whereas the DR818 looks to be pretty difficult, and may not be legal for data transmissions anyway?.

The ones I'm using aren't WiFi either, they are specific data modules (using the 433MHz range) - the DR818 appears to be for making your own 'walkie talkie' type radio, not for data purposes.

Assuming you're wanting simple data transfer, the modules I'm using are absolutely trivial to use - whereas the DR818 looks to be pretty difficult, and may not be legal for data transmissions anyway?.
Hi N,
Yes, it was one of your contributers who was using a ESP8266, that confused me. Reading a whole thread in second, with mild dyslexia causes this type of thing:arghh:
The DRA818 is versatile, and can transmit data or voice, so yes it can be used for a walky talky.
C.

Nigel , Just wondering what range you managed with the various FU settings, I have not completed both ends (PIC's) of my HC-12 remote controller yet .

Nigel , Just wondering what range you managed with the various FU settings, I have not completed both ends (PIC's) of my HC-12 remote controller yet .

hi G,
Let me know what settings/range you intend using and I will set up a couple of HC12's, do some comparative trials.

E

Cheers Eric, I will start a new thread, "Remote green house monitor " ( later today ! )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back