Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic chess

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevada

does any one know how to implement a chess playing program with a pic micro. Like say you have a touch lcd panel that display the pieces and one can play againce the pic as the computer.
will be thank full for any suggestion.

nevada said:
does any one know how to implement a chess playing program with a pic micro. Like say you have a touch lcd panel that display the pieces and one can play againce the pic as the computer.
will be thank full for any suggestion.
I think you are expecting rather too much from the humble PIC.

...huh... I had the very same idea not to long ago. Wow... that's pretty strange... but anyway, I agree with pebe. A pic might not be what you want. I say you should check into some other microcontrollers. What do the rest of you think?? :)

well, the actual I/O of a chessgame would run on a pic. It's the AI that will be a problem.

You'll need some kind of routine that decides your pic's next move. As chess is somewhat complex I think you're going to run out of program memory soon...

If you want to settle for a dumb pic opponent, with almost no AI code, then i guess it can be done

Hmm... How feasible would it be to use a pic if nevada didn't want to have a computer player and had it be only for 2 players? :?: I mean, I know nevada wanted to be able to play with a computer, but... just asking.

Because what I'm worried about is the touch LCD screen... I really don't think that would be possible with a pic. I mean, I thought it was hard enough to run a text LCD screen with a pic. Let alone a graphic LCD screen (Which is what I think nevada had in mind.) WITH a touch screen. What do you think? :? I don't know. Maybe it could be done...

Electric Rain said:
Because what I'm worried about is the touch LCD screen... I really don't think that would be possible with a pic. I mean, I thought it was hard enough to run a text LCD screen with a pic. Let alone a graphic LCD screen (Which is what I think nevada had in mind.) WITH a touch screen. What do you think? :? I don't know. Maybe it could be done...

It's easy to run a text LCD on a PIC, it's slightly harder (but still easy enough) to run a graphic LCD as well. I don't know about a touch screen, I've never seen one to have a play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back