Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Totem pole not driving IGBT, I need help w/picking driver

Chauncy2000

I'm looking for help selecting a packaged driver for driving this IGBT brick FZ1200R12KF4 (discontinued) . I tried using a totem pole with logic level mosfets but I'm missing some fundamental knowledge base to make it work, so a packaged driver will be better with my Arduino controller.
Screenshot 2023-10-05 223232.png

Thanks.

The Gate drivers need some microsecond of deadtime and normal is done by diode RC filters to turn off faster than on by this difference for each polarity.

Show your schematic and layout.

I'm looking for help selecting a packaged driver for driving this IGBT brick FZ1200R12KF4 (discontinued)

What frequency do you need it to switch at?

That device has extremely high gate capacitance (90nF) so needs a rather larger than normal gate drive system for fast switching, with around 15V to the gate when ON.

Here is an IGBT driver based on the Powerex VLA504-01/VLA503-01 hybrid IC for driving n-channel IGBTs. This driver is an ideal choice for high power inverter applications such as that in the ReactorForge induction heater.

You can check it out.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back