pic chess

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevada

does any one know how to implement a chess playing program with a pic micro. Like say you have a touch lcd panel that display the pieces and one can play againce the pic as the computer.
will be thank full for any suggestion.

nevada said:
does any one know how to implement a chess playing program with a pic micro. Like say you have a touch lcd panel that display the pieces and one can play againce the pic as the computer.
will be thank full for any suggestion.
I think you are expecting rather too much from the humble PIC.

...huh... I had the very same idea not to long ago. Wow... that's pretty strange... but anyway, I agree with pebe. A pic might not be what you want. I say you should check into some other microcontrollers. What do the rest of you think??

well, the actual I/O of a chessgame would run on a pic. It's the AI that will be a problem.

You'll need some kind of routine that decides your pic's next move. As chess is somewhat complex I think you're going to run out of program memory soon...

If you want to settle for a dumb pic opponent, with almost no AI code, then i guess it can be done

Hmm... How feasible would it be to use a pic if nevada didn't want to have a computer player and had it be only for 2 players? :?: I mean, I know nevada wanted to be able to play with a computer, but... just asking.

Because what I'm worried about is the touch LCD screen... I really don't think that would be possible with a pic. I mean, I thought it was hard enough to run a text LCD screen with a pic. Let alone a graphic LCD screen (Which is what I think nevada had in mind.) WITH a touch screen. What do you think? :? I don't know. Maybe it could be done...

It's easy to run a text LCD on a PIC, it's slightly harder (but still easy enough) to run a graphic LCD as well. I don't know about a touch screen, I've never seen one to have a play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…