Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Photoresistor

jabal29

..I bought solar bulbs from Ali Express and I want automatic turn on and off according to ambient light..So I bought photo resistors to hook on the bulb system..There is a switch on the bulb to turn the light on with several sequences of lighting..How should I bypass that switch so to have the photo resistor control the light on and off..?

Attachments

• IMG_20231024_191730.jpg
    IMG_20231024_191730.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20231024_191816.jpg
    IMG_20231024_191816.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20231024_194149.jpg
    IMG_20231024_194149.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
You bought the wrong light bulbs. To modify a device, you must learn exactly how was it designed. Do you have a schematic ? Are you aware if there is a microcontroller with firmware/program in it ?

I don't know too much about electronics.. however I think it should not be very difficult to get the photoresistor operating..I thought you could tell me if I should plug it on the battery+ or -..or on the LEDs..

I don't know too much about electronics.. however I think it should not be very difficult to get the photoresistor operating..I thought you could tell me if I should plug it on the battery+ or -..or on the LEDs..
You think wrongly - a photo-resistor isn't a switch, you would need to add a fair few more components (such as a comparator and associated components) to make it operate as one.

Some circuits here to detect and switch on LEDs, attached

Regards, Dana.

Attachments

• 110814953-555-Timer-and-Its-Applications.pdf
    448.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Forrest Mims-engineer's mini-notebook 555 timer circuits (radio shack electronics).pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 61
  • Il timer 555.pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 191
You think wrongly - a photo-resistor isn't a switch, you would need to add a fair few more components (such as a comparator and associated components) to make it operate as one.
True, it changes resistance when exposed to light. To get it working you probably need a transistor and some other components like in this schematic.
EA49F5DE-7F06-414E-B4DE-96BDA838471C.png

True, it changes resistance when exposed to light. To get it working you probably need a transistor and some other components like in this schematic.View attachment 143163

Worst possible 'circuit' in the world, and then it's even drawn completely wrong with parts missing :D

And where do you found a 100 ohm LDR?.

Years ago, solar garden lights used photo-resistors that got sunburned and failed. New solar garden lights use the glass-covered solar panel to detect light and turn the LED on and off.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back