Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

phone!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

epilot

Hi there

I want to build a system that could make a dial up connection with another phone or mobile phone at another place when it sense a event..
Can anyone help me with any suggestion or direct me for a useful link?

Thanks

epilot said:
Hi there

I want to build a system that could make a dial up connection with another phone or mobile phone at another place when it sense a event..
Can anyone help me with any suggestion or direct me for a useful link?

Thanks
which part is important to u.. if u just need to make a conn:, ATDT to modem will do, or else u need relays and dtmf encoder ..

[/quote]
which part is important to u.. if u just need to make a conn:, ATDT to modem will do, or else u need relays and dtmf encoder ..[/quote]

well, really my problem is at the Dialing part, i dont know how i can give the numbers to the device and say him redials after an event
the simplest way i know is using from a phone and give it the number and then connect 2 wires to the redial part.... but this is not a normal way and i dont like this idea

thanks

so u need a dialling ckt from scratch.. r u intend to use PC in ur project..

case 1: if u use pc , and just need to dial a number , send atdt# (#is the number) to a modem, it will dial
case 2: ur usig a pc , but with no modem. u need a dmf encoder and a relay to make the off-hook condition(low resistance loop) and then send a seq: of bcd to the encoder from PC to dial.

case 3: u have no pc , no modem.. then u alteast need a micro: to provide timing , so that the digits be synchonously send to the encoder

which part describes ur need best.?

akg said:
so u need a dialling ckt from scratch.. r u intend to use PC in ur project..

case 1: if u use pc , and just need to dial a number , send atdt# (#is the number) to a modem, it will dial
case 2: ur usig a pc , but with no modem. u need a dmf encoder and a relay to make the off-hook condition(low resistance loop) and then send a seq: of bcd to the encoder from PC to dial.

case 3: u have no pc , no modem.. then u alteast need a micro: to provide timing , so that the digits be synchonously send to the encoder

which part describes ur need best.?

"akg"

i have send you a PM

ljcox said:
Have you done an internet search for "phone dialler"? (or "phone dialer" since some people mis-spell it)

You could also search this forum. Also try www.discovercircuits.com
Hi Len,

According to renowned spelling experts **broken link removed** :)

"Dialer" is the American spelling, while "dialler" is Australian. Since the Trumpet Winsock was developed by an Australian company, Australian spellings have been used for the interface.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back