Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phase Shift bridge converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without a schematic we have to guess what you have in mind, but if ZCS means 'zero current sensing' (as distinct from 'zero crossing sensing'), then it's an advantage where switching inductors is involved, since it avoids massive voltage spikes.

To me that'd be "Zero Current Switching" as opposed to "Zero Voltage Switching" - but I think that's what Alec had in mind anyway.

Why it is a better idea to go for ZCS than ZVS in bost mode operation of Phase Shift bridge converter?
I have little experience in "Phase Shift bridge converter" especially in boost mode. I do have much experience in boost with one transistor.
Any time you can zero (some thing) switch it is a good idea.
As far as C verses V, I think it makes a difference between transistor or MOSFET.
Also there is a difference between (turn on or turn off) zero switching.
What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back