Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boost regulator

Tom120

I have a project with a step up dc/dc converter. It is a ltc3400 chip. At the moment it is working fine 2v to 4v but it seems to stop working down at 1.5v input.( The spec is 0.85v minimum input). I was wondering if anyone knows any problems that might occur as the input voltage is reduced.

What is the load? Note that in the spec sheet (Minimum Start-Up Voltage vs Load Current), if the load is around 100mA, the startup voltage required is around1.3V

Thanks for replying. My circuit differs from the app example only in resistors R1 and R2. R1 is 1.5M and R2 is 620K to produce 4.2v output. I've been testing the circuit with a light load - about 1mA.

The data sheet mentions the extra Schottky diode is used for the graph showing 1.5V operation.

Also, due to the high operating frequency the type of capacitors may be critical - try adding 0.1uF ceramics across the input & output caps??

Hi. Just thought I'd let you know the result of this one. Later I read that overheating the chip through careless soldering might degrade performance. I got another LTC3400 and soldered it carefully. This time the circuit worked fine. All the way down to 0.8volt input producing a 4 volt output. (Tom120)

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back