Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PDA Display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

muneer

HI!,
my name is muneer s noorani, currently doing BE in electronics.

i want to design a digital readout for my bike, that is digital speedometer, digital odometer, tachometer, gear indicator..etc. . I found these topics discussed on this fourm, and will try to make them. But is it possible to use a palmtop, which takes in the various parameters (the speed of the engine, the gear position, vehical speed...etc) and display it. i would need to work on the input hardware of the palmtop.

Please give me some guidelines so that i can turn my dream project into a reality.

well, almost all palmtops have reliable serial ports
soo, you could use PICs and those max232 thingies and whatever on the electronic side,
but, you will have to be quite skilled at palm programming to handle the input from the serial port and interpret it into your program

it might pay to try and go for pocket pc based handheld, for upgradeability, but much of the software and development environments you have to pay for...
I have a bit of experience in software for palm os, but pocket pc i have less in...
everything is straight forward, but involves more time than you would probably like
good luck, and do it - please

thankx for the reply,
my exams end on jan 16, and i hope to start the project after the exams.
i will need your help throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back