Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC to Composite Video Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you HAVE to use the GPS screen, or can you use something else? This is the DVD player i was using for a monitor
**broken link removed**

It is cheap, and runs on 9 volts.

Well my goal is to get the entire system to look NEARLY the same as the real thing. Part of this is due to the fact that it may eventually be incorporated into a simpit (simulated cockpit). This calls for specific sizes, and therefore cannot stray that much from the design.

I have a few questions about graphics cards. How far in can the nVidia cards zoom the image (would they be able to zoom in to a 320X234 ish area)?* How can I be sure the PCI archetecture of my computer matches that of a graphics card (my computer I would be using is rather old with no AGP port).

*I just remembered that I can change the size of the gps screen on the computer. Thus the graphics card would not need to zoom as much. However, I would still like to know how far in the nVidia cards can zoom (possibly ATI as well).

Well, i am too lazy to restart my computer and boot windows, but my "old" GeForce MX 4000 PCI card had VGA out and S-Video out (a friend bought it at best buy a few years ago, and didn't have a use for it, so he gave it to me. I also have the AGP version, which i bought.)

You will need a pretty good computer to run the nVIDIA Forceware software (for zooming.)

If you DO decide to use an old DVD player, or something similar, you could always break the hinges, and mount the screen on the base. That way it would be about the same size as a GPS.

EDIT: **broken link removed**

scroll down to "zoom"

if you really want to build something why not assemble an LCD controller put the graphics in a flash and do the program yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back