Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC on off circuit with cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindmywork

Hi. I want a circuit which can turn on a PC and shutdown it with the signal from a cell phone like giving a missed call.
I googled it and I found some circuits.
But I don't get the parts at the shop.
So can anyone post a circuit with easily available parts. Thak you

If anyone calls to your configured number, the PC will turn OFF which will be spectacular! So, go for other solutions like SMS etc.
:angelic:

Receiving sound as input and having ring only for my number in the receiving handset would cancel the false triggering.
Input taken from sound is the key to the circuit.

One circuit I found (https://www.homemade-circuits.com/2012/01/how-to-build-gsm-based-cell-phone.html):
upload_2016-10-26_9-33-51.png

is relatively simple and, best I can tell, uses pretty ordinary parts, with the exception, perhaps, of IC1 (a 4093).

I note your location. What parts are you unable to acquire?

4093 is an incomplete part number. The full number is CD4093. There will be more letters after that that will denote different packages (SMT, DIP) and temperature ratings. But they will all work the same.

It is a common part, but may not be stocked in local stores. You may need to order it online.

Is that it?

Is that it?
No, Of course not, but you're not giving us much of an idea of what you can get access to.

There are quite a few other NAND ICs, for instance, TI's line: https://www.ti.com/lsds/ti/logic/nand-gate-products.page#

or Fairchild's DM74LS20. All I did was google "NAND gate ic".

Or are you asking if there is an alternative circuit that doesn't use Nand gates? Your concept appears to have a single signal trigger (a tone of some sort). Since you desire an alternating result ( ON/OFF/ON/OFF, etc.), that implies some manner of logic control, like a flip-flop arrangement. That also implies a circuit design that is bi-stable. 555s can be used as latches, but they, too, are ICs.

What sort/kind of ICs can you get locally? If you only option is to construct a circuit from what you have on hand, then please list what components you have available.

I don't know much about ics.i have done some 555 circuits, and yes 555 is available here. All I want is learn electronics with circuits as much as I can.
So can I use 555 ic, I don't get the input behaviour of the above circuit, so how to implement it 555? Would you modify the circuit with 555?

Below is a working (in SIM) of a 555 latching circuit (it takes advantage of the 555's internal Flip Flop circuit):
upload_2016-10-28_10-8-28.png

I suggest you bread board this to assure yourself that it works.

Pressing and releasing the "Push Button" once will toggle RL1 closed. Doing this again will open RL1.

We'll work on an external trigger after you get this circuit working.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back