Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC Controlled LED Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.

confusid

Hi Everyone,

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this post, but I can't find anything via Google, so I figured it was worth a shot. I am looking to build an LED cube (such as in this project: LED Cube 4x4x4 ) but I am looking to bypass the microcontroller and control the display directly from my PC through a USB connection. I would like to be able to run my program directly from my computer and have it execute on the LED cube through the USB.

My intentions for this are that in the long run I would be able to write an interface that would allow me to program the cube without having to download the program I am writing to the microcontroller, and see the results in real time (for instance I could write an interface that would allow me to click on a certain LED, and as soon as I clicked on it, the corresponding LED on my cube would light up).

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back