Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC-based oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natasha125

I am a starting engineer. I would like to find some high-speed oscilloscope. I have found some only at www.signal.ru yet. Could you please advise me smth else.

I am not an expert but would suggest that you look carefully at sampling rates, among other things. I've seen attractively priced PC based scopes described as 50 mHz only to find that the "frequency" really means sampling rate. If the bandwidth of this scope allowed, a 5 mHz waveform would only be represented by 10 data points - that might or might not be sufficient for your needs.

Provide some better description of what you'll be measuring and maybe some folks have found good equipment.

You are right "stevez". If you are sampling signal at Nyquist rate then you'll see only 2 data-points per cycle which is not at all sufficient to see the signal characteristics unless you are reconstructing it correctly.
PC based scopes use software interpolation and over-sampling by whcih you can even see signal near to sampling freqency.
Check out www.bitscope.com . It is a reasonably priced PC based DSO.

ehm, now I wouldn't like to be the malevolent guy but...Natasha location address: "Location: Moscow, Dmitrovskoe High-way,100" is suspisciously the same signal.ru mail contact address...sounds more like trying to get traffic to the site more then really interested in getting info. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back