Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pass signal or its inverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hi,
We have a square wave oscillator....sometimes we want to pass through the signal itself, and sometimes we want to pass through the inverted signal. We want to change between the two with a single manual switch.
Can you think of any easier ways than the attached. I guess an analog changeover switch is good but they are often nil stocked....if i put one on the test pcb, its bound to go nil stocked.
Any other ways?

LTspice and pdf attached of the "bad" way

Attachments

• INVERT CHANNEL WITH ONE SWITCH.pdf
    158.6 KB · Views: 216
  • INVERT CHANNEL WITH ONE SWITCH.asc
    4.6 KB · Views: 172
Feed it into an XOR gate. The state of the other input determines if it is inverted or not inverted.

Les.

thnaks, but that doesnt fit the bill here, as attached

Attachments

• INVERT CHANNEL LWITH ONE SWITCH XOR.asc
    2.4 KB · Views: 193
Here you go...(wasnt sure if you wanted digital or analog inversion. I showed digital)

1630451382193.png

Attachments

• Pass signal or its inverse.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
if your input signal were bipolar, i would have recommended the following: use an analog 4-quadrant multiplier. signal on the X input, switch to choose between a positive or negative DC voltage on the Y input. with positive on the Y input, output is noninverted, with negative on the Y input, output is inverted. advantage here is you can replace the switch with another square wave generator, and get it to switch automatically.
an XOR is the digital equivalent of the same function. since your input is a TTL logic level, use an XOR gate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back