Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parallel port interfacing help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys!

I am an electronics newbie and I would like to interface my PC parallel port to:
1. An electric lock(to open and close a door)
2.An alarm circuit
3. A sensor.

I will write a program in C++ so that one enters his password.If password is correct, I will send some signal to the parallel port to open the door of a cabinet which has files, one picks a file and the sensor detects that a file is taken and sends message to t he PC..

For wrong password, an alarm sounds.

Help me with schematics of such interfacing and any explanations.

Thanks,

Walton.

walton kiche otunga said:
hi guys!

I am an electronics newbie and I would like to interface my PC parallel port to:
1. An electric lock(to open and close a door)
2.An alarm circuit
3. A sensor.

I will write a program in C++ so that one enters his password.If password is correct, I will send some signal to the parallel port to open the door of a cabinet which has files, one picks a file and the sensor detects that a file is taken and sends message to t he PC..

For wrong password, an alarm sounds.

Help me with schematics of such interfacing and any explanations.

Thanks,

Walton.

u can use simple transistor switching or use optoisolators and a relay. it is better to use optoisolators in parallel port interfacing since they provide a very good isolation/protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back