Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parallel microcontrollers PIC18LF4620

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wond3rboy

Hi has any one done any parallel data transfer using the Slave parallel port of PIc microcontrollers?One can use one of them as a slave and the other as a master right?Also what is the max length of the cable?

Hi has any one done any parallel data transfer using the Slave parallel port of PIc microcontrollers?One can use one of them as a slave and the other as a master right?Also what is the max length of the cable?

Never used it, and never seen much reason to - why are you wanting to?, it's not a particularly good way to connect two PIC's.

I want to transfer data from my sense board microcontroller to my transceiver microcontroller.I do this because i want more analog to digital converter pins+other processing.But i also think its too much work too.. will work with less AD's i think it will be fine.But will try it though in simulation.Just to learn it.

Then transfer it via a simple serial connection, only requires one pin (two if you want two way), and plenty fast enough. A parallel connection is far too wasteful on pins, for little or no gain.

I guess, the idea was bad but i bet you can use it in devices with multiplexed buses(primitive RTC's etc).Ofcourse, do some signals manually.

I say this because a multiplexed bus RTC is very easy too get but a serial RTC required me a trip to Karachi.

Yeh one could, but i already have my hands full with all the crappy work that i am supposed to do for my project.May be i will do it.I have a DS1307 needing an external and a DS12887 with crystal encapsulated.Rather the having to provide external clock source to the 1307 i think i should work around the DS12887...Thanks.

Last edited:
The DS12887 is meant for a microcomputer with an 8 bit bus, I'd take the trip to Karachi for a DS1307.

That said, any 8 bit I/O port on the PIC (PORTD is good) will work. You don't need the PSP hardware. You can also mux an LCD display on the same port if you like.

Check this out

bq3287.

Its a DS1287/85 copy with integral battery and crystal.I know the DS12887 is not suitbale for me.

PS: The reason i was a bit cautious about the crystal was because the DS32 is not available here and i will use a crystal oscillator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back