Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Visual Basic For Applications (VBA) and Microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a project in which I have to connect my PC to a measurement device thanks to VBA. I would like to use a mcu in order to control a component related to the device. This component is a decoder using the mcu outputs as input signals. These signals changing with time.

I have to control the signals with the code controlling the measurement device. Indeed, they will be changing according to a variable used in this code. Therefore, I would like to know if it is possible to program a MCU such as a STM32 or a ADuC70 with VBA? And if not, is there any alternative that can help me control the mcu via VBA?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Jay.

I have to control the signals with the code controlling the measurement device. Indeed, they will be changing according to a variable used in this code. Therefore, I would like to know if it is possible to program a MCU such as a STM32 or a ADuC70 with VBA? And if not, is there any alternative that can help me control the mcu via VBA?
Indeed there is... VBA still works with the MS API so you can include a com component.. I made a datalogger a while since and logged directly into excel...

here is a topic... I don't know if it works with win 10.. https://www.excelforum.com/excel-pr...tutorial-use-mscomm-with-a-serial-device.html

EDIT!!!! I use lazarus nowadays and that has its own database and spreadsheet capabilities..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back