Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

parallel flash memory ST39SF010A

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterzatko

I need help with this memory . I want to add data 8 bit word to this memory .
I don´t know how connect pic 18f452 to 39SF010A.(i need circuit diagram).
Please help

Hello,

Are you sure you want to try to use a parallel memory chip? Usually with a microcontroller you would use a serial memory chip so that you dont use up all the I/O lines. That chip looks like it has quite a few address lines and 8 data lines. That required quite a few I/O lines from the uC chip. A serial mem chip might only need 2 or 3 lines to operate.
Im not even sure yet if you can use that mem chip with your uC. Did you check to see if you had enough I/O lines available?
Does your application require high speed mem access?

Last edited:
i dont know how write data on PORTC to this memory.Here is pictureView attachment 67925View attachment 67925.Is circuit diagram right.I need write 8 bit word for example 01010100 to 39SF010A.

Hi,

I have to ask the same question, are you sure you want to use a mem that big and write to only one single location?
We can do that if you really want to, but it sounds like quite a big waste of memory.
There's no serial address override is there? I think it's only parallel access, something you dont want to have to use with a uC unless you really really need very fast speed, but even then you'd want to be able to use more than one mem location.

Last edited:
I need it for project. i dont use an internal memory into mikroprocesor.I dont know what command to use reading and writing to external flash parallel memory.
Here is my code in mikrobasic where i writte data to memory in uC and read them .
I need write data and read data from external,paralel flash memory.

program parallel

symbol SWT1 = PORTA.0
symbol OUT1 = PORTA.1
symbol OUT2 = PORTA.2
symbol CE = PORTA.3
symbol OE = PORTA.4
symbol WE = PORTA.5
symbol CC = PORTA.6
dim i as byte

main:
ANSEL = 0
ANSELH = 0
CM1CON0 = 0
CM2CON0 = 0
TRISA = %00000001
PORTA = %00000000
TRISB = %11111111
PORTB = %00000000
TRISC = %00000000
PORTC = %00000000

loop:
IF SWT1 = 0 then
PORTC = Eeprom_Read(5) ''Read from memory internal
EEPROM_Write(5,PORTC)
OUT1 = 1
OUT2 = 0
CE = 0
OE = 0
WE = 1
end if
Delay_us(200)

IF SWT1 = 1 then
Eeprom_Write(5,PORTB) ''Write to memory internal
OUT2 = 1
OUT1 = 0
CE = 0
OE = 1
WE = 0
end if
Delay_us(200)
goto loop

end.

View attachment 68023

Ok...
Make sure WE is high...
Make PORTC an output... ( trisc = 0)
Then put the value in PORTC...
Make sure OE is high...
Then take WE low for a couple of cycles...

When you read
PORTC needs to be an input (trisc = 0xff)
Keep WE high and pull OE low for a couple of cycles.

That's exactly what I said CE can always be low as its the only device on the bus!!!

OE = output enable... reading..
WE = write enable.... Writing..

Just remember to swap the TRISC register to READ / WRITE before you do...

What command? The schematic in sim is normal parallel memory... If a value is on portc when you enable WE, then the location b'000000000001 in the memory will contain same..

If you are talking about using the 39f1010 you can't as you need to address three locations.... yours are fixed.

I do not need to use any command to read and write? Just when properly set up OE and WE. And everything will go OK?

For the model in your sim!!! Yes.. But if you are talking about the flash... No!! The flash needs a write sequence... you need to write to tow addresses 0x5555 and 0xAAA2 with three different values... But you can't do this as your address is fixed at 1..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back