Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Over 500 posts!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThermalRunaway

Wow, I realised earlier that I'd just made my 501th post!!!

Nowhere near Nigel's 18 billion-odd of course, but to us mere mortals 500 is a lot. It certainly makes Electro-tech-online my most active forum.

Brian

ThermalRunaway said:
Actually, I think Nigel should start having his posts counted in Hexadecimal...

Brian

Haha, that would be funny:p Maybe do that to AudioGuru's count too;)

Nahh, binary. Or better yet, be really obscure, use octal.

It's all bs more posts get any more respect; it's quality not quantity that counts.

What I don't understand about this forum is what the little green blocks under the name mean. The mouseover text makes me think they are a user rating scale, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of variation.

TheVictim said:
What I don't understand about this forum is what the little green blocks under the name mean. The mouseover text makes me think they are a user rating scale, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of variation.

It's your reputation, people can give you good or bad evaluations, based on your posts - the more green blocks the better your reputation is. Red blocks mean you have a bad reputation!.

How many people really use that on a regular basis?

I wonder if it's possible to know who gave reputation. I imagine that in most cases the OP gives reputation after a helpful reply, but I gave rep after reading an interesting explanation, without being involved in that post.

TheVictim said:
You may read another thread I started in the ****-chat.

Last edited:
eng1 said:
I wonder if it's possible to know who gave reputation. I imagine that in most cases the OP gives reputation after a helpful reply, but I gave rep after reading an interesting explanation, without being involved in that post.

There's on option in your control panel where you can see who's given you reputation, and read the comment they made.

Nigel Goodwin said:
There's on option in your control panel where you can see who's given you reputation, and read the comment they made.

I can read the thread title, its date and the comment (that's sometimes empty). I can only guess who gave me reputation?

Which is why you have to think twice before giving a moderator negative reputation. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back