Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Outdoor Camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewGuy

Hey everyone,
I have this weatherproof outdoor camera, that I've never seen like it before. The name on it is:

"DSP Day & Night/Weatherproof Color CCD IR Camera"

I've never seen it before or used it before, I would like to try to use it on the computer if someone could help me. I've stripped the wire to uncover four wires wrapped in tin and a copper wire wrapped around it that I undid.

Would it be possible to test to see which wires are video and maby hook them up to the computer?

If anyone wants more info, I can post, I'm not sure how to describe it...I've had it laying around and I finally want to utilize it in some way.

I screwed off the coverings so you could see the camera inside. I hope this is categorized right, I don't think this is exactly "consumer", oh well.

Thanks Everyone

Attachments

• DSCN7863.JPG
    DSCN7863.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 419
  • DSCN7864.JPG
    DSCN7864.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 356
  • DSCN7873.JPG
    DSCN7873.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 424
  • DSCN7874.JPG
    DSCN7874.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 450
  • DSCN7875.JPG
    DSCN7875.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 356
Last edited:
What does it say on the PCB silkscreen where the 4 wires plug in? Post a clear closeup of the area. That may give us a clue as to what is what.

The white connector is where three wires plugged into it.

The fourth picture (DSCN7880) is the PCB fliped over looking at the opposite of the white connector.

Attachments

• DSCN7877.JPG
    DSCN7877.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 625
  • DSCN7878.JPG
    DSCN7878.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 482
  • DSCN7879.JPG
    DSCN7879.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 400
  • DSCN7880.JPG
    DSCN7880.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 435
  • DSCN7881.JPG
    DSCN7881.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 482
Last edited:
Looking up the chip number (LR38603), it looks like the output of the camera is analog. So, you'll be better off with a different camera if you want to connect it to a PC. The other chip number is hard to see, but my guess is IR3Y38M.

I was thinking one day I wanna make a computer controlled rover/robot. Maby I'll use this camera for that?

Is it take a lot of experience to do a project like that?

That would be really cool to make one.

Last edited:
ParkingLotLust said:
Anything you can possibly imagine! Check out the exhibition section on the arduino.cc forums for ideas.

Noice! That sounds perfect! Does arduino refer to the Microcontroller or the board and stuff itself...

I can't order online right now, so I kinda have to build everything myself.

Last edited:
Arduino is the entire platform - it covers the IDE software, aswell as the board. The chip itself is usually an Atmega 328 but some older Arduinos come with 168's. You can build an arduino yourself if you want to. Check out the arduino site - there are a few guides on how you can build it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back