Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Camera Flash problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris 102

I am a total noob and could really use a hand with this problem.

The back story is that I put together a camera system that people use to take pictures of eyes at fairly high resolution. It is a hobby - second income - kind of fun thing to do that fulfills some peoples needs. I make money, but not so much.

I've been doing it for 15 years and over time have used 4-5 different manufactured flashes and modded them with fiber optics to transfer the flash of light to the iris for really stunning images.

Everything has worked great until I purchased 50 of a new flash from China. :(

Problem is this new flash will work for a while and then some units become intermittent and may stop flashing altogether. This is very bothersome to everyone.

I am at a loss to diagnose as I am really not a technician, but I am technical enough to be able to follow directions.

I am hoping maybe someone here can recommend the most likely culprits and potential fixes or maybe offer to be paid to diagnose the flaw so I or they can fix the remaining flashes I have.

I have just been replacing the faulty units, but it is getting troublesome for me and them.

If you could please shed some light on this I would appreciate it. Thanks

I've included a picture of the final product to get an idea of what it looks like.

Basically, all I am doing is opening up the case, and attaching a thin aluminum plate to the front that holds the fiber optics in place and then closing it back up again.

I have never had a problem with other companies products and I am careful not to dislodge anything inside.

I would just bite the bullet and buy another unit, but the aesthetics fo this one works so well if it worked mechanically I would be very happy.

Thanks for any help with this you can offer.

Attachments

• DSC_0119.jpg
    DSC_0119.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 206
i'm guessing these are xenon strobes? if so, looking at the ones that have gone bad, is the strobe tube clear, or does it have a black coating inside the glass at one or both ends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back