Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fixing Fujifilm X-M1 camera that does not power on

Status
Not open for further replies.

BABO

I have a Fujifilm X-M1 camera. It does not power on.

I have another X-M1 which DOES power on nicely. In other words, I'm quite familiar with all the usual stuff about making sure the battery is charged, etc.

I saw this video about a guy fixing a similar Fujifilm camera that was not powering on. (Not exactly an X-M1, but similar design.)

See the link to the YouTube:

At around the 11th minute in the video he shows the problem, but says nothing about how to fix it. Then shows the camera FIXED.

Not sure why he bothers filming 10 minutes of disassembly (lots of internet stuff on that already) and then skips over the core of the problem.

Anyway, CAN anyone offer any insights on how I would go about TESTING
to see if fuse and/or coils are the problem that keeps the camera from powering on ???

BTW, I have no idea what might have caused the problem. The only thing I can say for sure is that the power failure was NOT due to contact with water or mechanical stress (i.e., dropping the camera). The camera just "decided" not to switch on any more (as if it were too old). The camera has seen a lot of use taking pictures.

Also BTW: I am an American citizen living in Kenya. Shipping back to US for a Fujifilm repair job is not an option. Because of shipping costs, it would be cheaper to buy a used model of the same that is good working condition.

At about 11:20 in the video, he points to a blown fuse and defective coils. Have you checked those in your camera?

Sometimes the circuitry refuses to charge a battery that has gone too flat. Can you try swapping batteries and see if the problem moves with the battery?

Mike.

At about 11:20 in the video, he points to a blown fuse and defective coils. Have you checked those in your camera?

Yeah, I mentioned this in my original post. He points to a blown fuse and defective coils. I'm not 100% sure how one goes about checking a blown fuse and defective coils. Do I have to remove them from the circuit to check them? I rather reluctant to do that. If I can check them while still in the circuit, that would be helpful.

Sometimes the circuitry refuses to charge a battery that has gone too flat. Can you try swapping batteries and see if the problem moves with the battery? Mike.

Yeah, that was the first thing I tried. (I have three working batteries -- all three work just fine for hours in my other X-M1 camera).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back