Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscilloscope (Kenwood CS-5170)

Status
Not open for further replies.

evaine23

I just purchased a used oscilloscope on ebay, its a Kenwood CS-5170. The one i bought doesnt appear to include probes or a power cable. I cant seem to find a manual for this thing anywhere so I didnt know if anyone could answer a few questions based on some photos. First does this require probes with a BNC connector or UHF? I believe its BNC but I want to be sure before I purchase some probes. Second, Im not sure if I need to purchase a power cable, It looks like a standard cable that would goto a PC power supply but Im not sure. If they are BNC connectors, I was looking at this probe set 150 MHz Oscilloscope Probe Kit. If anyone could answer any of these questions or have some info about this scope it would be greatly appreciated.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

The probes you suggested in your original post would work OK. Any probes rated for 100MHz or higher frequency would be fine.

Is there any disadvantage to using a probe rated for a higher frequency? From what I read, as long as the bandwidth of the probe is equal or higher than that of the oscilloscope it should allow you to view the optimal bandwidth allotted by the oscilloscope. I picked the 150 mHz probe because it was cheaper than the 100 mHz probes I've seen (probes may have been the same price but the shipping was more on the 100 mHZ).

No disadvantage. The higher freq probs are built to minimize capacitance. It's a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back