Oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.
You still really haven't provided enough information.

Do you want to switch the low/high side?

Do you need a pulse with at +/-12V?

Or do you need to switch an h-bridge?

I want the Oscillator to reaches to positive MAX then to zero and then to Negative MIN.

You mean like this?

Same with the sine wave?

How much current do you need?

The trouble is there will be some voltage loss, especially with the sinewave so if you need 12V peak then it might be a good idea to bump up the supply voltage to 15V.

Attachments

• 100kHz +-12V..PNG
    2.6 KB · Views: 156
Here's a function generator I was talking about earlier. It gives a sine, triangle and square wave outputs and only needs one resistor to alter the frequency.

You obviously, need to select components which will work at the desired frequency and have another amplifier on the sinewave output to give 12V peak to peak. You could get the whole thing done with one quad op-amp IC.

EDIT:
Another amplifier isn't required except for the square wave, if you're worried about loading. The output voltage can be increased to nearly 12V by increasing the value of R13 to 82k.

R6 to R12 need to have a tolerance of at 1% maximum.

Attachments

• Function gen sin&#32.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

Well I know this is off topic but he won't really give us the info we need. So let's discuss this "Armstrong" oscillator. It is just an normal sine-wave oscillator. Of course you could make it clip or saturate but I have never had one do that. It gets it's positive feedback through the "tickler" coil. So this is analog. As the collector current rises, the tickler which is would 180 degrees out of phase is feeding a small portion of the output back into the base. So the diagram I used has a transformer, but the secondary is not needed for it to work. So the oscillator its self really only needs two windings. The main inductor with an out of phase tickler coil which is just a few turns over the same core.

It's performance is sign wave but it has a hefty output. Therefore it is not very stable. I would never use it for any sort of frequency control, but if you need a good high gain oscillator source it will do the job. They make nice DC-DC converters. In fact that's what the secondary was for. I stepped up the voltage to drive a fluorescent lamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…