Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

One Shot Circuit Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just curious as to the options for building simple one-shot circuits. I know about using the 555, but wondered about any other simple circuits.

Post 'em if you'e got'em.

By "one shot", do you mean pulse-stretcher? Do you want edge-triggered? Operating voltage? IC or discrete?

Your question is so vague as to be meaningless.

A circuit that will produce one pulse over a given time period, independent of the number of input triggers received by the circuit. The rest is open game, just specify the limitations or requirements of the circuit.

There's usually more than one way to skin a cat, I'm wondering what other ways there are that I don't know about.

Have you Googled?: monostable multivibrator

Ken

There are lots of options, but an integrated timer chip, whether it be the ubiqutous 555 or one of the other integrated solutions, will be the simpliest to implement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back