Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

on/off timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

byron

I am looking to trying to build a timer that will run in a loop constantly and every 30 seconds or so will switch on or off. I would like to have an LED to light up when its turned on. I basically could only come up with a simple 555 timer running with a variable pot. to ajust the time of pulses that I would like to set it on. I will have another resister and a capacitor. I also will have to add an LED to the circuit to let me know when its on. I am a beginner in all of this, so would really like some advice as to how I can make this work and maybe the measurements or other ideas for me to build this timer.

just do a search here for 555 circuits, there are like 10000 examples lol

let us know if you have a specific question about how the circuits work

I am looking at the examples now.
I guess what I need to find out first is if I am even looking at the right thing for me.

I am trying to build an on/off timer that would trigger a pulse to a circuit board that will turn on and off water cycles. I need it to run constantly on/off every 30 second, but would like to make it adjustable to change to pulse every minute on some days. I am looking at some relay projects as well and since I am a beginner to electronics I can use all the help to get me in the right direction. I basically just need something to run constantly in a loop and that I can adjust the time of each pulse. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back