Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

On/off switch - disconnect GND or Vdd, does it matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futterama

Hello forum,

I'm building an electronic on/off switch using a N-channel MOSFET for my RC car (electronics = RC reciever and servos).

My question is: Does it matter, whether I disconnect the circuit from the battery at the GND terminal or the Vdd terminal?

I know it's at least good practice to disconnect the Vdd terminal, but it makes it a lot easier to disconnect the GND terminal with a N-channel MOSFET.

Thanks.

Regards,
Futterama

Futterama said:
Hello forum,

I'm building an electronic on/off switch using a N-channel MOSFET for my RC car (electronics = RC reciever and servos).

My question is: Does it matter, whether I disconnect the circuit from the battery at the GND terminal or the Vdd terminal?

I know it's at least good practice to disconnect the Vdd terminal, but it makes it a lot easier to disconnect the GND terminal with a N-channel MOSFET.

It makes no practical difference, it's just custom to switch Vdd rather than Vss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back