Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OMG! I am so excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost309

I am totally sorry if this isn't allowed here, but I just built a circut with my Stamp and PIR and made an alarm! Not just any alarm though...oh no.... but an alarm that sends a text to my phone to tell me someone has gotten in!!!:D
Anyways, just had to get that out.

P.S. I am SO SO sorry if this isn't allowed here!

Ok. You already know I'm using a BASIC Stamp 2 by parallax blueroomelectronics. Anyways, for everyone else out there, that's what I am using. I am also using a radioshack 6-12VDC Alarm Buzzer. The main component of the whole setup is a Parallax PIR for the motion sensor. I wrote a custom code for the Stamp. Just tell me if you want to see it.One more thing, an old computer mouse until I get my new microcontroller, and a servo. I started my stripping the mouse down, until nothing but the main components were left. Then I stripped the actual button of its casing so it was just a little copper plate. After that, I mounted the servo to the mouse with a cross connector on the servo, so when the servo was activated, it would push the button. Then I wireed everything up to the board, plugged the secondary mouse into the computer, uploaded the code, and was ready to go! I am using Yahoo as my mail default seeming they let you send texts. I entered in a message I wanted to see when an intruder enters, and tested it. It worked! Anyways, thats it. For now. I will make it wireless when I get my new microcontroller in a few days. And it will be without another computer or mouse, so that will be a plus. I am making a diagram of the circut, so i will post it soon, so you peoples can understand it a little better. Thanks for reading!

Eeeeeeeeeek:eek:

Its a childish way.Learn how to communicate with COMORT.And when a signal received from the PIR ,send a data packet to a terminal software (Build around VB or any other).If the same packet received by the software activate the schedule task & do what you want to do.

Congrats on the accomplishment. Gayan has some good ideas for improving the design, just ignore that first sentence, it does no one any good. Also, i don't know what a COMORT is, I think he means COM port.

The feeling of completion and creation is the very reason I enjoy electronics. Embrace it, improve it, tinker more, and great job on your accomplishment :D

Ghost,

Good job. Sure the thing could be improved but you had a problem to solve, came up with a way to solve it, and solved it. Good work.

Torben

[Edit: And yeah, it's a total rush when a project works for the first time.]

Congrats!

That's a great project.

I also started learning MCU programming with the Basic Stamp, and recently switched over to Parallex's SX and Propeller chips (Mostly due to the cost of the B.Stamp). I still have much to learn, but MCUs are a lot of fun.

I'm interested in seeing the code too.

If you haven't already done so, check out Parallex's web site; there's a ton of info and they have a great forum for their products. Feel free to send me a PM if you need a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back