Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Just an Idea so far; some Serious design help needed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark563

And I know almost Nothing about component design or Electronics parts.
I think that I need a physical electronic "Device", and an App for a cell phone.
drawing 12.jpg

The idea components:
Three small Video cameras, one of which also catches Audio.
A phone App (as yet to be created, for Android and Apple iOS)
which reads the Movement sensors in the cell phone.
(Several sensor-reading apps already exist, like "CPU Info" or "Test & Check" or "TestM".)
A "Device" which gets hard-wired power from a car; 12 V DC.
The Device maintains the charge on the cell phone, thru the phone's regular charging port.
Thus, some (Eprom? PCB chip?) programming is needed in the Device; maybe the App cannot do it all?
The primary function:
When the phone experiences a Serious movement (like when it would be dropped to the floor),
the phone then Uploads the AV signals (3 Video and 1 Audio) to Cloud storage.
Other fairly-easily-programmed user-defined functions are also controlled by the App.

Can you build / program this? Your thoughts, Please?

Mark563

The AV part could be a basic off-the-shelf DVR, NVR or multi-camera dashcam.

It would need an app writing to do the shock sensing and upload control.

RJenkins, Please elaborate.
I agree that an App is needed, as you said.
However, I looked up the acronym NVR: Non-Volatile RAM? Is that what you meant?
Can you please point me toward some "off-the-shelf" thing that you're referring to?
Something kinda' similar to what I'd need here?
OR,... What (words) would I look for?

DrDog, Thanks, but I really doubt that a phone, by itself, can do what's needed.
How could you connect Three cameras to one phone?

Thanks very much for the replies, people.

However, I looked up the acronym NVR:
"Network Vide Recorder" - a newer acronym for a DVR that has remote / internet access.

Any cheap analog camera type CCTV box that has the facility to be viewed via a smartphone app.

This is a random example from ebay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back