Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Old makita 18v lithium rechargeable drill too fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Makita drill to fast for some applications I need to be able to slow it down but also keep it on high speed to do two things at once but I can't afford the new one that does that already is there some way I can slow down without draining the battery down so I can still use it fast as well that is my question

Who knows what model of drill is it what are you trying to do how fast is it going now and ha fast would you like it to go

JimB

Is the minimum speed not slow enough if you just partially push the button in so it doesn't turn at full speed? Or is it an all or nothing drill (which I have never seen personally).

Last edited:
The simplest method is to use an add-on mechanical speed reducer. They were common at at one time, not so much now but you can still find them on ebay.

They are just a little epicyclic gearbox, with a spindle that fits in the chuck and a tool holder or chuck on the other end. The body spins free until you grip it, which allows you to control the torque on the output side.

Examples:
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back