Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

now how do these work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The How-Stuff-Works link does not apply to this type of unit.

Follow this link for information pertaining to the particular model that you asked about. http://wolfstone.halloweenhost.com/TechBase/snomac_SnowMachine.html

For those who don't want to read, I will post a quote -- "A 'snow machine' in our context is a gadget that spews tiny bubbles, giving the general appearance of falling snow."

Looking at the Chauvet site and downloading the hazardous materials document for their "snow fluid" shows that it is nothing more than the fourth generation of their bubble fluid that they use for their bubble machines.

TekNoir said:
For those who don't want to read, I will post a quote -- "A 'snow machine' in our context is a gadget that spews tiny bubbles, giving the general appearance of falling snow."
That's brutal. Even with that tiny disclaimer, I would have to think this would easily fall under falls advertising and be subject to litigation.

EDIT: Now that I actually look at the link, that's not even the manufacturers link with the bubbles comment. They clearly refer to what comes out of the machine as "snow" many times. It's hard to believe they can actually advertise this thing like this.

The page to which I linked is not the manufacturer's homepage, but rather a page discussing similar machines. (It does have a picture quite similar to the specific machine about which was asked.) Apparently they have uses at Halloween and other outdoor/indoor functions. It emits tiny bubbles (tiny like in a foam, but fairly separated) which apparently look reminiscent of snow as they fall. Either way, the page is a nice reference for this particular type of machine. (The site itself is a nice reference for Halloween mechanations in general as well.)

Chauvet's website (**broken link removed**) has the manual for the machine and by clicking on the snow fluid you can find the link to the material safety data sheet in Microsoft Word format. Other than the fact that Chauvet's machine looks strikingly similar to the one pictured at the bottom of the page to which I linked, a quick perusal of the short manual and the material safety data sheet will confirm it to work similarly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back