Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Brain now hurts

granddad

Most Helpful Member
My new toy is a BMAX plus mini PC.. ( don't tell the wife ) Long story but was not going to start and run its pre installed win10. But put linux.mint on an M.2 sata ..But then finding my canon printer refuses to print as it has sucked all my expensive ink out of the cartraiges and soaked the waste ink pad with it, seem only fix is running a service package in windows.. So now Im trying to get my brain round win 10 . last I used was win 7 , for some reason the canon . zip file will not extract....I loath windows....

win 10 seems to find the printer , but it is stuck on the error 5B00 so i cannot test it or do anything , the zip file wont extract (invalid file name )

the zip file wont extract (invalid file name )
Make sure the file / path name where you put it to unzip in is short.

eg. put it somewhere like C:\Temp, not deep in a set of directories or anywhere with long names.

The filenames and paths in the .zip will be added to its initial location path, and if the .zip file has many layers of subdirectories, the total path and filename length can exceed the windows limit, so it gives errors.

If that's not it, try deleting the driver file you downloaded and re-download it.

ps. And run ccleaner to clear all the temporary storage.

Appreciate members input. My Canon ink absorber problem has been resolved.. A mate gave me a new and unused Canon pixma MG2550S . Power and usb connected to PC.. linux.mint 20.3 . startup printer was found no drivers or asking Microsoft to agree for me to use it , no problems. I hope I never have to clash with windows again...

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back