Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET CCT - how to trigger it.

Mikmikmikmik

Here's hoping I can post my Link from another forum.
If not, I have a fair bit of copying and pasting to do.
My post on that other forum was closed, hopefully people on this forum are more forgiving.

Here is what I asked there.

Opto isolated. I cannot figure out how I will trigger it. Instructions are vague to say the least.

wendeekun Low Voltage MOSFET Switch Module 12V 24V 36V Field Effect Transistor Module Mosfet Kit Uses Optical Isolation https://amzn.eu/d/7X0lZdg

• So, here's what I am trying to do, only now do I realise the output of this sound module needs to be inverted to go low when sound happens. Sound Detection Sensor Module Suitable for Arduino and Microcontrollers https://amzn.eu/d/iM3DgYp.

• This goes into pin 2 of a delay off 555 monostable. http://build-electronic-circuits.com/555-timer

• I was able to get pin3 of 555 +ve, on trigger of +ve into pin2 from the sound board when sound occurred, don't ask me how. Maybe it is the low pulse afte the sound board realises there is no more sound. BUT, when pin 3 of the 555 was connected to the + in of that MOSFET board, and -in of the MOSFET board was connected to ground, the MOSFET stayed energised and wouldn't turn off. I am missing the small cap at pin5 of the 555 CCT though.

• Do I connect +in of that MOSFET board to 5V and invert pin3 of the 555 output and connect that to the -in of that MOSFET board? If so, do I need a R from +5V to +in to restrict current once inverted 555 pin 3 is active?
  • Thank you all.

I am getting this when I select any lolin D1 board, COM5 is the correct port cos it shows up in Device Manager when I connect up the USB cable to this board.

View attachment 141338

View attachment 141339

Thats not abnormal, most manufacturers of their boards do not include this info
and the firmware therefore does not report it correctly. I ignore it generally
speaking.

As an aside if you write in C and C++ you are all set. But equally useful are some of
the block languages, you can crank up simple designs very rapidly. An example :

mBlock, Fklowcode, S4A (Scratch for Arduino)......as well.

Regards, Dana.

The EL817 is opto coupler :

1689460737876.png

Draw a schematic of module so that you can tell what the R's are doing. I am guessing (confirm this) :

1689461103876.png

I would do what ever you can to get a schematic, or using a ohmmeter see if you can
reconstruct one.

Regards, Dana.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back