Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

non retriggerable timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonalip

i m using IC 4538 as a timer. in retriggerable mode, if once triggered and triggered again before time elapsed , then o/p remains high for time twice as per set. i want to use it as a non retriggerable. i want a circuit as when triggered once o/p will remain high for time t=RC, though it triggered again within time t , then it should ignore this trigger. but when i used the circuit given in datasheet on power on itself o/p is set to high for time t, goes low and again becomes high on next trigger. can any one tel me, where is my mistake? :confused:

i m using IC 4538 as a timer. in retriggerable mode, if once triggered and triggered again before time elapsed , then o/p remains high for time twice as per set. i want to use it as a non retriggerable. i want a circuit as when triggered once o/p will remain high for time t=RC, though it triggered again within time t , then it should ignore this trigger. but when i used the circuit given in datasheet on power on itself o/p is set to high for time t, goes low and again becomes high on next trigger. can any one tel me, where is my mistake? :confused:

hi,:)
To ensure that the 4538 is reset at power on, you need to add a simple Res/Cap to the CD pins 3 and 13.

A 10K resistor in series with 22n, connect the 10K to the +V rail and the lower end of the 22n to the 0V rail and the junction of the 10K/22n to the CD pins.

Do you also want the 4538 to be NON retriggerable in normal operation.?

i was connecting reset pin (pin no 3) directly to +V rail. i wl try whatever u hav given.
i have the ckt what i was trying.

Attachments

• ic 4538 ckkt.doc
    34 KB · Views: 274
hi ericgibbs,
i connect the res 10k and cap 22 nF as u said , but it did make difference. i cheked the voltage at pin 3, it was constant 5 VDC. the voltage at input pin 4 is 0 volt still o/p is high. i think the i/p gets voltage internally from charging / discharging of any capacitor , dont know the exact reason and how to avoid it. not every time at power on , o/p becomes high. but can't predict when it will become high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back