Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Non linear analog meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Francis

Hi All : I have an analog meter that is somewhat non linear above midscale. Has anyone had the same problem and how might it be solved within reason. Thanks. George

Hi All : I have an analog meter that is somewhat non linear above midscale. Has anyone had the same problem and how might it be solved within reason. Thanks. George
The said non linearity is only on the AC voltage and Resistance scales, i suppose, if it is a multimeter.
if it is moving iron meter with AC reading calibration, the scale would be non linear.

Buy a better meter. Replace it with a **broken link removed**

Is it possible that the meter was designed/built to have a log or some other non-linear response? I think the old VU meters were made this way - at least the collection that I have on hand appear to respond in log fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back