Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nokia 6100 Library

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes sir heh its been a long time goal in the making heh. Im working on sd card stuff now. I might use micro sd since i have around 4 1gb micro cards heh

It took me 10 min to make this custom eagle part for SD then 20 Min to make this bored and i am so happy it works so far :D heh

Card Partially in:
sdout-jpg.35064

Card Fully in:
sdin-jpg.35065

Some things to play with:

cards-jpg.35066

Attachments

• SDOUT.jpg
    SDOUT.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 565
  • SDIN.jpg
    SDIN.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 576
  • cards.jpg
    cards.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 551
Last edited:
I bought a SD card from DipMicro and I thought it came with a holder. Will have to check.

Hey guys just wanted to let you know i got the SD card with FAT working on a 18F4620 and with lots of space to spare. But its a read only solution using Petit FAT File System from chans site:

bguage-jpg.35166

Attachments

• memguage.jpg
    memguage.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 159
  • bguage.jpg
    bguage.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:
Ok good news i can open text file on SD card and view it on my lcd.

Now i altered my vb app to create hex file images for my lcd. now i will create code to buffer the data in 100byte parts and load to lcd. heh wish me luck

i actually need/want the SD stuff for storing icons since i will be using 12bit mode a image of 132x132 (max 131x131) would take up so much space:

132 * 132 = 17424
Now since each pixel is 12bits ... thats 1.5 bytes for pixel. so if i take

12 bits(1 pixel) * 17424 pixels = 209088 bits

209,088 bits = 26,136 bytes

26,136 bytes = 25.5234375 kilobytes

That's a huge amount of space needed for 1 image, compared to PIC space of course.

so about 25KB per image which is nothing for SD heh if i use the max (2gb) card then i can store:

2GB = 2,097,152 Kilobytes / 25KB images = 83,886 full sized images heh lots of space :D but compared to a cheap (inexpensive) pic 18F4620 heh ...

Also at least i can update the pictures overtime without having to reprogram the remote i can just pull sd and photoshop some pictures.. Even themes :D

I own that one heh but it's a push pull I like push push heh. And it's no fun if I didn't make it from scratch. In about a month I'll make a demo/prototype with dip and through hole parts and when ready I'll make a smd board since it's a remote( my final outcome) I want it small as possible heh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back