Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nokia 6100 Library

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now im off to make a test menu and program for controlling some stuff. I need to learn my remote control protocol heh...

Anyone know where i can find information on TimeWarner Cable remote protocol? I doubt it but heh its worth a ask :D

heh yeah but making a nice universal means i need to learn there code which means i either have to open the remote and learn the codes manually which is time consuming or i can search the net for info. But there isnt any.

I think its IRDA so now i need to learn that heh

I have that same cable box.

It's not IrDA. IrDA is more complex than a remote needs and is used for serial data.

I could probably do some logic analyzer snapshots of some of the commands. I don't know if that would help you.

At what speed did you clock the 4620 in the (cool) video :)

Do not make the IR remote stuff more complex then it is. There are only a few standards and as birdman said you can punch the button on your remote and capture the command with a PIC or a PC.

3v0

Last edited:
Woohoo! I'm famous! =)

3v0:
the clock was 20mhz HS osc. I ordered some 10mhz and 15pf caps to go with them. So i can use 10mhz HSPLL when they arrive.

video would have been better but my cam is dead so had to sue webcam and magnifying glass heh...(as a macro)

DirtyLude: that would rock. I have to fix your image to a white background. Sorry about that. (in the video)

Sceadwian: heh welcome to fame... no fortune tho :(

here is the fix: (DirtyLude)

dirtylude-jpg.35324

TO:
dirtylude2-jpg.35325

Kinda looks better than your original heh... You can use it if you like.

If your gonna use it use this one color is same as forum:
dirtylude-gif.35326

Attachments

• DirtyLude.jpg
    DirtyLude.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 567
  • DirtyLude2.jpg
    DirtyLude2.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 572
  • DirtyLude.gif
    DirtyLude.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 400
Last edited:
here is the fix: (DirtyLude)

The current avatar uses a transparent background. If I was going to clean it up, I'd just clean up the edges of the transparency. That way I use one avatar for whatever forum I'm on and it always matches the background even if that forum changes colour schemes or has multiple style options.

I'll pull out my IR sensors tonight some time.

I don't know if this will help you. Here's the button presses for 1, 2, 3, and the play button. You can download the Logic analyzer software yourself to review these files.

Downloads

Attachments

• 8300HD_IR_LOGIC.zip
    18.3 KB · Views: 155
  • atl_8300HD_play.png
    atl_8300HD_play.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 207
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back