Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nokia 6100 Library

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I always like good comments :D

I'm finishing up the code on the pic side when done I'll post it.

Also when done I will be working on a fat16 code I have in mind and mix this all together to list files and open images stored in text files as hex or decimal

YES! done now i can do images upto 132x132 and odd sizes and all in 8 and 12 bit modes.

Im working on clearing buffers and stuff now. for some reason when ever you do one picture and try another right after its almost all white

Not sure of what your asking do you mean screen size in inches/mm or pixels?

Pixels i think it is: 130x130 but not sure... i read:

"The Nokia 6100 display has 132 x 132 pixels; Practically speaking, you cannot see the first and last row and columns."

And from sparkfun website:

Frame Dimensions: 1.35x1.58"
Active Display Dimensions: 1.2"x1.2"

hey thanks for that question. I fixed a nice bug thanks to you. There was a overflow of pixels i didnt notice. But now you save a few hundred bytes on a full 132x132 image. Also you have to start on 1x1 not 0x0 for full images

You might want to try to implement a very simple compression, like Run Length Encoding or LZW. It won't work with complex images, but the basic images could be compressed quite a bit, so you would need to be able to turn it off and on.

heh i dont think im smart enough to do any compression but i think it would infact save a lot of space. For the full sized images especially is mostly 1 color.

Yes, RLE is really simple and it's easier to decode than encode, which is helpful. It's just that if your image gets too random the file can end up getting larger than the original rather than smaller. It would be easy enough to figure that out and just have the option not to use it in those instances, though.

No problem Bryan.

Mark I this it would be simple to use the the 3rd byte of image data to test if RLE is on. I already use byte 1 and 2 for width and height. RLE should be simple in VB. Decompressing in a pic should also be simple I'll try it after work.

If I get get sd stuff working it would help even more.

I made some menu icons yesterday I'll take some pictures today and show everyone.

Here is my code for the LCD even forgot to post it. if you have trouble with it just ask me.

Also the AVI:
**broken link removed**

Attachments

• 6100.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 173
New VB6 Program with major fixes heh still some bugs.. if a image comes out bad on micro side try closing vb app the opening it again and reconvert the image;

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Now im off to dev some sd code heh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back