Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noise Cancellation Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

ycaleb

When a mobile phone is place near a radio or TV and it is receiving a call, it will cause disturbance to the device. i'm required to design an anti phase frequency (noise cancellation frequency) device that will only be activated when the mobile phone is receiving a call.

ycaleb said:
When a mobile phone is place near a radio or TV and it is receiving a call, it will cause disturbance to the device. i'm required to design an anti phase frequency (noise cancellation frequency) device that will only be activated when the mobile phone is receiving a call.

I seriously doubt it would be possible, and it would certainly require precise positioning of both transmitters - due to the high frequencies used it would only cancel at a very small point as well, probably not enough to give any effect.

When you say you are 'required' to design it, is this a project at University?.

Thanks 4 ur reply...
well, yupe, it is a university project. i'm not that good in the telecommunication field, so i have difficulties on the way of starting the project. u say that i need a precise positioning of both transmitters, do that means if i fix a distance between the cell phone and the radio, the project would b functioning?

ycaleb said:
Thanks 4 ur reply...
well, yupe, it is a university project. i'm not that good in the telecommunication field, so i have difficulties on the way of starting the project. u say that i need a precise positioning of both transmitters, do that means if i fix a distance between the cell phone and the radio, the project would b functioning?

As far as I'm aware, for the signals to cancel out they have to be exactly the same amplitude, and 180 degrees out of phase. But this will only happen over a very small area (cm's perhaps?) - assuming you could arrange it in the first place!.

I don't see how this is possibly going to stop the phone interfering with TV's etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back