Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nixie tube clock idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
found a place i can get them for a very good price if i cant get them from where i am planning to get them. Will only know by next weekend though. Found a 40pf to 6p8f trimmer cap for the equivalent of 0.16$ so that shouldn't be a problem. so your saying just replace either one of the 18pf caps with a trimmer cap and i will be able to get the frequency just right, very interested to see how much the frequency varies in practice.

hi,
This image is a copy of my circuit.
E

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 143
The accuracy does depend on the xtal.
The one in question I nicked of a scrap pc motherboard.

A quick and dirty way to reset the hours from 12:59:59 to 1:00:00 without using presettable counters is to shift the wiring of the hour counter outputs by one digit, so that the "0" output connects to the "1" numeral on the nixie, the "1" output connects to the "2" numeral, and so on. The "9" output connects to numeral "0" on the nixie. So when the counter is reset to zero, the numeral "1" is displayed. The ten hour counter outputs are wired normally, but its count input is taken from the "9" output of the previous stage. The reset signal for the hour and 10 hour counter is derived by ANDing the "2" output of the hour counter with the "1" output of the 10 hour counter.

Blanking of the leading zero is done by leaving the "0" numeral of the leftmost nixie disconnected.

Last edited:
well thought out.
Had my brain fried for a moment, still its 4.30 here, I'm on the nightshift.

With loads of help from forum members I built a 7 segment LED Master clock back in 2005 using logic ICs. It is still running now driving all the various slave clocks in my house! It uses a quartz crystal as a time base but also has a separate DCF77 (radio clock) decoder also done with logic to keep it in sync every minute. There is also a chime circuit again with logic to strike an electromechanical longcase clock bell.

There is full info here including pics, schematics and videos or the old forum link is here https://www.electro-tech-online.com...lock-with-7-seg-led-displays-hourly-ch.18901/ some of the links may not work but all info should be on the first link anyway.

You may be able to use some parts of the circuitry in your clock.

Good luck anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back