Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

capac

hello all.

I have long been an electronics freak, however I have always strayed away from the programming aspect. So I know very little about all of this.

I wanted to create a simple program on an EEPROM chip (24c08). From what I have gathered, I have to purchase a programming machine....., right? I would have thought that there was a way to program the chip with simple software, through the serial port.... or something of that nature. Please help.

-regards-

capac

what do you expect to achieve from programming your eeprom?

If you load a program into it, it wont do anyting..... :(

Eeproms are for storing( data) and are not executable devices like pics or micro's.

I am making a cable tester (cat 5e). And instead of having some LEDs lighting up in a sequence, I wanted to have an LCD to say straight-thru, x-over, roll-over, bad, etc.... I'm not sure if any of this makes sense without seeing the schematic so here is the webpage

**broken link removed**

-thank you-

capac

I admire your passion for experimentation and building, but why re-invent the wheel ?
To drive an lcd to display the info you require is not a light hearted task

I'd suggest going with the circuit you already have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back