Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

newbie help

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftpeg23

hi there,

i wonder if anyone can help me.

i have no experience with electornics but i have a bit of a problem.

i have a 9v battery, that needs to power 2 x 5v micro fans (ones found on a PC - Dimensions 17mm 17mm 10mm) Think they are 0.08A

i have to use the 9v battery as thats the only battery pack we have.

what would be the best way to wire this? would i need resistors?

is there anyway i can split the voltage so that each fan gets 4.5v?

thanks

If you connect the two fans in series then each gets 4.5V when the 9V battery is new.

Hi,

Sorry to be pedantic, but if they are 5v fans, and there are 2 connected in series then the first one will take 5v, and the second will get only 4v.

Having said that, connecting them in series is still probably the simplest and best way to do it

Hi,

Sorry to be pedantic, but if they are 5v fans, and there are 2 connected in series then the first one will take 5v, and the second will get only 4v.
Why would the first fan take more voltage then the second (and which is the first one anyway)?

Actually, if they are identical fans they will tend to share the voltage, so each would get about 4.5V. It's like having two identical resistors in series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back