Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

habib

Hey
I am a complete newbie to the electronics world, it has facinated me for a long time and a few days ago i decided that i would really get into it, however after searching the net for several hours, i couldnt find not 1 decent website that had tutorials on beginner electronics, so does anyone have any good websites for newbies to learn electronics from?

Thanks In Advance

Hi habib,

here is a link : **broken link removed**
I found this by typing "learning electronics" into Google

Hope you find electronics as fascinating as most of us do!
You can get parts from old radios or other junk and start experimenting with resistors, capacitors, transistors, LEDs and other parts pretty easily. Even if you make mistakes so what, the parts are free and you have fun building the circuits. Hope this helps a little, this forum is one of the most fun and informative websites I have found, a good sta rting place! Have fun :)

Although online tutorials are a good reference, I don't suggest using them to Learn electronics per se, more as a backup reference, although they're nice, you can learn a lot more in a classroom from a teacher because you can always have 1 on 1 time with a teacher to ask questions that a tutorial may not answer, and an online tutorial may not be the best way to learn, sure some people can pick it up easy, but for you it may be best to have someone show you, and actually have the equipment there in front of you, I'd suggest finding a local college and go for a non-credit basic electronics class, I say non-credit because they're cheaper and usually don't require any pre-requisites like graduation, or specific grades if you have graduated.

If you insist on using an online tutorial, or don't have the $20-40 for a non-credit class, then I'd say, go with it, and if you can't seem to understand, go to a class, non-credit classes are usually 4-7 days, that is enough time to get you familiar with the equipment, their names, uses, slangs, etc. And how electronic devices work, after that you can move up, and take another class and learn how to build a few things.

They're great, I got to build a blinking LED array, a basic AM radio, a nightlight, and a few other things I can't really remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back