Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie Box Fan Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelsey

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some help with my box fan. I recently went to plug it it and saw a spark. I didn't know it at the time but the wiring on the power cord had become bared and touched the metal of my window frame where I keep the box fan. Suffice it to say I saw a spark and now the fan will not start up. I bypassed the bared wiring and connected the power cord via wire nuts, but I'm thinking maybe the capacitor is fried? or maybe the motor itself? I cannot get to the motor unfortunately so I really can't tell the condition of it. I don't know too much about electrical stuff so if anyone can help me that would be great. Thanks in advance! :)

Oh are you talking the house outlet? Because I'm positive it's not that. Or are we talking a fuse on the box fan?

I'm in the U.S. and the short was on the power cord of the box fan itself? The house outlet is fine/works with other fans.

I do think there are fuses but those are in the main electrical box. But like I said the wall socket itself is still working, it's only the box fan that does not work anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back