Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Question: Dropping mA's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xerocalibur

Hey, ok -- the keyboard thing, I'm just going to get a ready-made kit off ebay and install it safely into my keyboard...

The new question is as follows: How can one safely drop the amount of mA's flowing through a current?

See, I have this cordless phone here that runs off 9v@300mA's. It's kinda old, and to be honest, I've never used it... so if it gets ruined, bah, I don't care. I have all the bits and pieces to it still, including the class 2 wall wart.

Now, here's the fun part. I have an answering machine that is kinda cheapo, but colored the same way (amazing what you find when you clean out your closet)... It *also* runs off of 9v... but at 200mA.

I want to splice into the power line going into the cordless phone base, and run a male adapter plug out from the base of the phone that has 9v@200mA, that will be able to plug into the answering machine's power plug port.

Is this *possible*?

Any and all information would be quite helpful here; especially any quick soldering notes about what-goes-where.

It shouldn't be a problem. The amperage rating on the power source is the maximum current that it can/will safely run. If the devicce uses less current than that there shouldn't be any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back